Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Three R's: Redecorating, Renaming, and Resignation

Cover your ears while I scream.

AAAAAAUUUURRRRGGGGG!

I had the loveliest blog template for years. It took me quite awhile to find and then when I did find it I yelled Ureeka like I had discovered the secret to making kids wash the dishes.

When you find something that works you hang on to it. Forever.

Only it stopped working.

I went to my webpage yesterday and discovered that the background was missing. No amount of uploading the template made it look the way it was supposed to.

It was gone. What I had left was the sad little skeleton. And although skeletons have become cool for some odd reason, I'm not a fan. I don't like zombies or vampires either.

So it was back on the hunt for a new blog template.

I found this one. A bench by the ocean with books and suitcases. I love the ocean. I love books. I love to travel. I love to sit. Yes, this was me. I could do this.

It required moving all my gadgets around.

And it involved something else that I wasn't planning. Once the template was in place my title "Real Women Don't Wear Bikinis" didn't look right anymore. Now I had to create a new title.

So here it is. "Postcards From a Gypsy Packrat".

Now if I could actually go somewhere.

1 comments:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Love your new look! And it's a tragedy of major proportion that you couldn't keep your old blog name, but the new one fits you well.

And thanks for the "puppies in the oven are hot dogs" comment on my blog. Even if you did do it under an alias! :)