Monday, January 19, 2009

Weird Shoes - The New Version of Torture Chambers

I've never been a shoe girl. I prefer barefoot or sneakers. However I did find a pair of shoes for my daughter that has left me foaming at the mouth. I can't wear high heels anymore - another reason to lose weight. They're the prettiest high heeled black shoes I've ever seen. As soon as this weight comes off those shoes are mine.

Remember Cinderella and her shoes? How she danced in glass slippers I'll never know. It's probably why her fairy godmother told her to come home at midnight. Any longer and she would have permanently damaged her feet.

So in honor of shoes I bring you these little gems.








This is from the Hannibal Lector line. Anybody up for liver and Chianti?






Barefoot or high heels? Barefoot or high heels?


I just can't make up my mind.



I Know! I'll go with up on my tippy toes high heels and pretend that I'm a ballerina.

So the question now is....














Do I go sensible Oxford schoolteacher/librarian? Or red patent leather Mary Jane schoolgirl? Or gladiator slave master?




Or maybe just a simple platform tippytoe pump.







And here's a couple of choices for the vegan crowd. Notice, no animals suffered for these although with the second one, I'm sure a couple of fairies lost their homes.

However it does look like a porcupine died for this one.










And a couple of fish died for these flip flops.










I hate rats. With a passion. And I'm all for killing off every rat in existence. (I think they're Satan's animal. But do we really need to wear them on our feet? Sigh, but I guess when we kill we're supposed to use every part of the carcass.








And here in Canada it's rude to keep your shoes on when you enter someones home.





12 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Most of those look like mideval torture devices.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Unfortunately, the rat shoes are the only ones that look even remotely comfortable. Most of those are just crazy!

Karlene said...

I don't know. I kind of like the sneaker pants at the bottom. But I'd rather have them in black. :)

Julie Wright said...

LOL Loved this post! my back hurts just looking at most of these shoes. Although the fairy ones were pretty.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

WoW, amazing!

Cindy Beck, author said...

Anna,
Wow, where did you ever find all these weird shoes? Although, I have to admit, the fairy shoes were kinda cute, in a Halloween costume sort of way.

The rat shoes were just plain creepy, though!

Anna Maria Junus said...

To be honest, I like the fairy shoes too.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Those look like sheer agony! I'm a bare-footer whenever I get the chance. And comfy slipper socks in the winter.

Anne

Janette Rallison said...

Ow! Ow! Ow!

It hurts just to look at most of those. Although I would wear the ones made out of leaves just because they're so cool. I wonder if they leave grass stains?

Elle said...

I could easily say, "OUCH!" to most of those... and I'm a heels person.

Not even in the name of fashion could I be seen alive in any of them.... yikes!!!

A great laugh, thanks for sharing.

Jodi said...

Eeek Eeek Eeeek Eeeeeek Eeeeeeeeeek!!!

That's all I have to say!

Oh and...
Stop by and enter my GIVE AWAY!!!!