Thursday, December 5, 2013

Important Announcement! I Have Become A Nun!

That's right people, I have become a nun.

The proof is right here.

I am a nun in The Sound of Music.

Back when I auditioned I did not audition with a musical piece. I am not a singer. I am an actor. I was hoping for a non-singing role.

I did not get an acting part.

I got a singing part.

Yes, people, this non-singer is singing.

In Latin.

It's actually not a bad way to spend Sunday afternoons - singing hymns in Latin to God.

I am told by those listening that the nun choir sounds amazing. They sound amazing in spite of me, not because of me. I keep waiting to be booted out the door as an imposter. I am actually singing though and I feel honored to be part of a group with so many amazing voices.

We are in full blown performances now. Friday and Saturday evenings, Sunday matinees.

Oh, and you might notice that there is a maid there that has two words - well actually three because I added one. I'm doing double duty as Ursula. Because of this I actually have three costumes. More costumes than words. Other than that Latin singing.

I love singing. Really I do. My kids don't like listening.

0 comments: