Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Is Aunt Madge Ready for the Big Time?

"Aunt Madge has posted again. Go to Ask Aunt Madge."

"That's the way to sell me? Come on, you can do better than that."

"Well, what am I supposed to say? The stupendous, amazing, wise and wonderful Aunt Madge and her brilliant advice blogs again?''

"That's good! I like that. It's short, to the point, and absolutely true."

"I am not going to say that. It sounds like an introduction for a magic show in Las Vegas with girls in skimpy costumes and albino tigers."

"I don't wear skimpy costumes or have a tiger, but my words are pretty magic and they would work quite well in Las Vegas. Who knows, maybe one day..."

"Oh, I don't think so."

"You don't know what I was going to say."

"I do to. You were going to suggest that someone pay you millions of dollars to appear at your own show in Las Vegas."

"Well why not? They just paid a guy a billion bucks to make dolls and pieces of foam talk. At least I help people."

"I'm rolling my eyes."

"And lets not forget Dr. Phil."

"You are not Dr. Phil."

"No thank goodness. I have a full head of hair."

"And on that note I think I'll end this conversation."

"Don't forget to visit me. Remember Ask Aunt Madge. And if you want me to solve your problem just send me a note, because I'm tired of solving Anna's problems."

"Hey, they're not my problems."

"Yes, dear. We all know that." (you can't see me, but I'm winking at you all.)

0 comments: