Cover your ears while I scream.
I had the loveliest blog template for years. It took me quite awhile to find and then when I did find it I yelled Ureeka like I had discovered the secret to making kids wash the dishes.
When you find something that works you hang on to it. Forever.
Only it stopped working.
I went to my webpage yesterday and discovered that the background was missing. No amount of uploading the template made it look the way it was supposed to.
It was gone. What I had left was the sad little skeleton. And although skeletons have become cool for some odd reason, I'm not a fan. I don't like zombies or vampires either.
So it was back on the hunt for a new blog template.
I found this one. A bench by the ocean with books and suitcases. I love the ocean. I love books. I love to travel. I love to sit. Yes, this was me. I could do this.
It required moving all my gadgets around.
And it involved something else that I wasn't planning. Once the template was in place my title "Real Women Don't Wear Bikinis" didn't look right anymore. Now I had to create a new title.
So here it is. "Postcards From a Gypsy Packrat".
Now if I could actually go somewhere.
- ► 2013 (19)
- ▼ February (3)
- ► 2011 (32)
These Other Blogs of Mine
The Humor Posts
- Adventures At the Wedding
- Adventures of a Cross Stitched Driver
- Driving Me Crazy
- Forget About the Snakes, Worry About the Dead Bodies
- Frankie, Squeeze My Rubber Duckie!
- Hats! Hats! And More Hats!
- How To Escape From Kids- Hunker in the Bunker, Secret Rooms and The Winchester House
- Humiliating the Off-Spring
- I'm Sick as in Hack! Hack!
- I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up!
- If A Five-Year-Old Ruled the World
- Is Aunt Madge Ready for the Big Time?
- It's Official: I Have a Multiple Personality Disorder
- Letter to Truckers
- Lunch on a Skyscraper
- Merrily We Roll Along
- More From Aunt Madge
- My New Baby Is Acers
- Pushing the Deadline
- Someone's In the Kitchen...
- That 25 Thing List
- The Biggest Loser is Not for Winners
- The First Snowfall of the Winter Happens Before the Beach Umbrellas Are Put Away
- The Flood, From a Woman's Point of View
- Today is Mad Hatter Day
- Weird Shoes - The New Version of Torture Chambers
- Welcome to Earth 101
- While I Am Sleeping or Why Can't I Have the Shoemaker's Elves
- Why Does Disney Hate Mothers?
From the Annamaniacs Files
The Writing Posts
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be a Book Owner
- 10 Writing Sites That Can Help You Or Give You Reason to Procrastinate That Book
- Advice to Would-Be Writers - Not That Anyone Will Listen
- Chocolate and Nanowrimo
- Drum Roll Please: Winner of 2011 Nano
- Fun For Writers
- It's So Easy
- Left to Write: Dialogue Tags
- Left to Write: The Information Dump
- Links to Me, Me, Me, Me, Me (Read That With an Opera Voice)
- Nanowrimo 2014: It's Coming
- Not Writing
- Putting "The Hiding Place" In Hiding
- Time for Lousy Book Covers
Write Your Life
100 Word Fiction Prompt
The Scam Posts
The Crafty Corner
The Don't Know What To Do With It Posts
- Charity, Oprah, Donald Trump, and Anything Else I Can Think of for the Search Engines
- Cheating and a Little Late (Canada Quiz)
- Cross Stitch, Quilting, Knitting Sewing UFO's = Procrastination
- Elections and Weddings
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Hey Mom. Can I Have a Beer?
- I'm Not Pregnant, I'm Fat, Thank You For Noticing
- It's Gaudy Day So I Bring You Antoni Gaudi
- Mish Mash
- Music Soothes the Savage
- My Thoughts On the 2009 American Idol
- Silly Love Song and I'm Not Talking About the Paul McCartney Hit
- The New Deal: Blogs, Books, Nanowrimo, Cats and Lynne Anderson
- The Tin Noses Shop
I've never been a shoe girl. I prefer barefoot or sneakers. However I did find a pair of shoes for my daughter that has left me foaming ...
Lady Gaga did not get her inspiration from Madonna. She got it from British Royalty. Anyone who watched any part of the royal wedding knows ...
Yes, I am calling this pro-bullying. This was posted on facebook. I'm trying to get my head around the thought process that goes in...
We spent a bit of time today talking in Sunday School about a passage in JSM 8 “ And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one anoth...
It's not that I'm trying to make fun of other authors out there. I just can't help myself. No seriously, I think we learn more f...
Why does Disney hate mothers? Think about this, Snow White’s mom—dead. She had a wicked step-mom instead—in fact a wicked witch of a step-...
Take a moment to read the following and then come back here. You Are My Hands There is so much in this beautiful talk that I don't kn...
When I was five I learned how to knit. I didn't make anything, just a lot of holes, but I learned the basics enough so that when I was 1...
In conjunction with the release of Pumpkin Roll the author, Josi S. Kilpack, and the publisher, Shadow Mountain, are sponsoring a contest...
It's election time...again. I'm working the polls and I'm getting paid so it works fine for me, but it's costing Canada a fo...
- Story Structure Checklist
- So Why Write? - Josi S. Kilpack
- Lenses - Annette Lyon
- The Unlovable Character - Julie Wright
- Overused Words In Writing
- Subjunctive Mood: Was or Were - Annette Lyon
- Into or In To - Annette Lyon
- Reader Edition (misused Words) - Annette Lyon
- Those Hook Looking Thingys (single quotes) - Annette Lyon
- Quotes, Marks & Italics - Annette Lyon
- Parentheses and Brackets - Annette Lyon
- The Dreaded Synopsis Part 1 - Josi S. Kilpack
- Synopsis Part 2 - Josi S. Kilpack
- Don't Get Mad, Get Published - Julie Wright
- Very Very Basic Self-Publishing Tips
- Image Copyrights