Monday, January 6, 2014

Insomnia

It is 5:00 in the morning and although I went to bed a few hours ago - okay 2 and a half, I have not gone to sleep yet.

Since losing my job my days have been turned around. I am a natural night owl. I'm trying to get my days switched back. It's not easy.

I've always been this way. I remember when I was five, lying in bed and poking my head over the side of my bed to look out my door to see who was in the kitchen.

"What are you doing awake?" My mother or father would ask.

"Riding a spaceship," I could have said.

This is where I developed my imagination. If I had to be there I might as well do something. So I either read books or imagined I was somewhere else, doing something else.

Over the years I went on all kinds of adventures and got into all kinds of trouble that I had to get out of. I was rescued many times and fell in love over and over and was famous and was loved and was successful and rich.

Of course there was always the monsters under the bed that I had to deal with.


Still, it was way better than just lying there.

I wanted to get up in three hours and start my day.

Now, it looks as if I'll be going to bed in three hours instead.

So, I will write in my blog, work on my book, study my scriptures, read a book, and then I will feel as if I had accomplished something.

It's not as if I can exercise, do housework or practice the piano. People are sleeping around here. I don't think they want to be woken up to Richard Simmons, the vacuum cleaner, or badly played scales.

Or maybe I should go fight dragons instead because when I'm fighting dragons I'm young, thin, beautiful, have magic powers, and there is one hot guy who adores me fighting right beside me.

See how insomnia can work for a girl?


0 comments: