Sunday, January 5, 2014

This is Alberta

You should see the outside of my house.

I have to stay strictly to the sidewalk, otherwise I would get lost - and smothered.

And if isn't as if anyone can enjoy this stuff. It's like minus a hundred degrees out there. Okay, -20 but really does it matter?

I talk about moving back to my hometown of Victoria.

"But it rains all the time" someone who has never lived there inevitably says.

It rains a lot. The island is the largest rain forest in the world. But if it rained all the time it wouldn't have daffodils in February - I am not exaggerating - February!

You don't have to brush mountains of rain off your car.

You don't have to shovel rain.

You don't have to put on ice skates to go down your front walk.

You don't have to worry about getting lost in a blizzard on your way from the mall to the parking lot.

You don't have to wear so many layers you can't bend your arms.

You don't have to plug in your car. For those of you in warmer climates, we plug in our cars and they're not electric.

I really dislike people who say "put down that remote and go enjoy the outdoors."

The remote is where it's warm.

0 comments: